304 stainless steel tubing/pipe/tube is the main product of Younglee Tube. Our factory manufacture 304 stainless steel tubing in a wide range of sizes.
1) What is 304 stainless steel tubing
Material 304 stainless steel (material grade 304 )is an austenitic stainless steel, it contains about8%–10.5% Nickel, about 18%–20% chromium, and maximum 0.08% Carbon, it is the most common stainless steel, also known as European standard 1.4301. 304 stainless steel tubing is popular for its excellent performance in high corrosion resistance, high strength, high temperature resistance, high pressure resistance and high workability, and its cost-effective.
2) 304 stainless steel tubes chemical composition & chemical properties
According to standard A 312/A 312M(Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes) & A269(Standard Specification for Seamless and Welded Austenitic Stainless Steel Tubing for General Service)
- Featured chemical properties:
- Maximum percentage of Carbon (C) is 0.08 %
- Maximum percentage of Phosphorous (P) is 0.045 %
- Maximum percentage of Sulphur (S) is 0.03 %
- Minimum percentage of Chromium is 18 % and maximum is 20 %
- Minimum percentage of Nickel is 8 % and maximum is 10.5 %, common is 8 %.
304 stainless steel chemical composition table:
- Tensile strength: standard A269 requires the breaking pressure should be Min. 485Mpa. Younglee will conduct 2 tensile tests, the breaking pressure is about 600Mpa.
- Yield strength: standard A269 requires the breaking pressure should be Min. 170Mpa. Younglee will conduct 2 yield tests, the breaking pressure is about 290Mpa.
- Elongation: Younglee’s tubes have excellent elongation performance, the required elongation according to A 269 is Min.35%, while the elongation of our factory’s tubes is around 63%
- Hardness (HRB): standard A269 requires Hardness should be Max.90, Younglee will conduct 2 Hardness tests, the result is about 70.
Younglee’s tubes will also conduct Flattening test and Flaring test according to ASTM A1016/A1016M.All above mechanical properties will show in Younglee’s material test certification attached with tubes.
4.304 stainless steel tubes application
Seamless 304 stainless steel tubes is widely used for both structural and pressure applications, such as carrying liquids and gases in processing operations in the petrochemical, chemical, papermaking processing, marine industries, water treatment.
304 stainless steel tubes application for Heat Exchanger
4.304 stainless steel tubes sizes & dimension
For Genaral use, Younglee supply tubes as below sizes & dimension.
- Outside diameter range:6 mm to 406 mm
- Wall Thickness range: 0.5mm – 20 mm
- Length range:upto 18 meters
- Younglee can supply tubes in metric & inch.
5.Difference between 304 and 304L stainless steel
304 VS 304L are very similar in chemical composition except for carbon content. The maximum carbon of content of 304 is 0.08%(standard A269), while the maximum carbon of content of 304L is 0.035%(standard A269). Obviously the “L” in 304L means extra-low carbon.a slight difference causes mechanical properties difference, 304L has lower tensile strength and yield strength.
However, 304 and 304L could be replaceable to each other in many situation, that is why people also use material grade 304/304L stainless steel tubing, and their price &cost is slightly difference, 304L SS tubes is about 100-200 usd/ton expensive than 304 SS tubes.
Grade 304L has, but noticeable, reduction in key mechanical performance characteristics compared to the “standard” grade 304 stainless steel alloy.
To know more about material 304 stainless steel, Wiki also has a detailed explain, click to read more: SAE_304_stainless_steel.